- H. John McFerrenbef 1752 - aft 1835
- W. Mary Hughartbef 1769 -
m. 1 March 1786
Facts and Events
John McFerren was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
- John McFerran and Mary Huggart March 1, 1786. [Greenbrier County, VA]
Records in Virginia
- 10 July 1785, Samual Brown vs Arthur McClure and John McFerran in debt, deft called but came not, plff to have judgment against the, for deft of 10-7-2 plus costs and interest. [Greenbrier Co, VA Court Orders].
- 1789 - McFarren, John - 300 acres Jones' Creek 1789 book 2 P. 195. [Sims Index "Land Grants West Virginia"]
- McFerran, John et al 48 acres adjacent R. Renick 1804 Book 5, P. 168. [Sims Index "Land Grants West Virginia"]
Revolutionary War Pension Information
Information from “Virginia/West Virginia Genealogical Data from Revolutionary War Pension and Bounty Land Warrant Records”, Vol. 3, compiled by Patrick G. Wardell, Lt. Col. U.S. Army Ret. :
- McFerren, John - born in Ireland, came to Virginia in 1772; settled in Greenbrier County, Virginia in 1775 where entered service; applied for Pension there in 1835; pension application rejected, insufficient proof of service. F-R6712, R1682.