Facts and Events
John McCollum was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 512.--16th March, 1764. John Mitchell to John McCollom, £10, 119 acres in Forks of James, on Buffalo Creek. Teste: Henry Kirkam, Jas. Lapsley, Alex. Collier.
- Page 217.--3d February, 1767. Patrick ( ) McCalm (McCollom) to John McCalm (McCollom), £20, 168 acres, part of tract on which Patrick now lives; corner John Berryhill, James Trimble's line. Delivered: John McCollom, June, 1769.
Records of John McCollum in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 20, 1764. - (157) John McCollom qualified administrator of Saml. Hunter. The King vs. Saml. Hunter, continued, the prosecutor being in his Majesty's service.
- Page 362.--20th November, 1764. John McCollom's bond (with John Moore, Pat. McCollom), as administrator of Saml. Hunter.
- Page 376.--8th January, 1765. Samuel Hunter's estate appraised, by James Davis, Peter Wallace, Pat. McCollom. Debts due to estate, viz: Paul Whitey, Joseph Robinson, Margaret Clark, Geo. Clark, Thomas Foster, Jno. Smiley, Jno. McCollom, Andrew Smithers, Mathew Galbreath. Debts due by estate--To Mary Clark, Saml. Newberry, Richd. Woods.
- Page 1.--15th May, 1767. James Davis' estate appraised, by Jno. McCollon et als. Neal Casedy's bond; Martha Goldbreath; Robt. Shannan's bond; bonds of, viz: Jno. Neeley, Jno. Wiley, Andw. Smithers, Moses Coiler (Collier?).
- Page 371.--26th November, 1767. John Mitchel and Margaret ( ) to Francis Fulten, £29, 170 acres on Buffalo Creek in Forks of James; corner John McCollum. Teste: Richard Woods, John Thompson, Robert Campbell, James Davies. Delivered: Mr. J. Lyle, 18th November, 1791.
- Page 527.--19th August, 1777. David Dryden's estate settled by Samuel Lyle--1773, March 2, paid John McCollom, Jr.; legacies paid August 27th, to James Dryden, Elliner Dryden, Thomas Dryden, Nathan Dryden, Wm. Dryden, Dorothy Dryden, David Dryden; 1772, September 10th, received from Thomas Leekey; October 31st, Mathew Elder; 1776, August 27th, Dominick Moran. (Note: appears to be the son of this John McCollum).
- ↑ Davidson Genealogy Page of Anne Davidson Bartee, (http://www.geocities.com/RodeoDrive/1512/two.htm).
Help fund new features!