Facts and Events
John Kincaid was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Land Acquisition from Chalkley's:
- AUG, 1754 BE-155( ) John Kinkead - 1,061 acres on Calfpasture in SW Augusta per maps, as stated in the index. The index also shows Andrew Kincaid as owner of 400 acres next to John, and deeded "prior to 1773".
Land Mortgage from Chalkley's:
- AUG 11/23/1766 C3-448(168) Deed Book 13. John Kinkead to Gabrial Jones, L100, mortgage, 530 ac. part of 1061 acres, one moiety of which John sold to John Kinkead, of Albemarle, the moiety hereby conveyed being whereon John now lives, on the Calfpasture.
Land Distribution from Chalkley's:
- AUG 08/20/1770 C3-504(536) Deed book 16-536. John ( ) Kinkead, Sr., and Elizabeth ( ) to John Kinkead, Jr., L40, 88 acres, part of 530 acres conveyed to John Kinkead by John Kinkead, clerk 10/17/54, on Calfpasture River; corner Mathew Kinkead.
- AUG 08/21/1770 C3-503(495) Deed book 16-495. John ( ) Kinkead and Elizabeth ( ) to Andrew Kinkead, L40, 106 acres on Great Calfpasture, part of 530 acres conveyed to John Kinkead by John Kinkead, clerk, 17th October, 1754. Delivered: Jno. Kinkead, 21st February, 1776.
- AUG 10/10/1785 C3-575 () John Kinkead and Margaret his wife, of the Calfpasture in Augusta County, to Alexander Thompson,L80, 88 acres on both sides of the Calfpasture river, where the said John Kinkead and Margaret now live, the same land that was conveyed to the said John Kinkead by John Kinkead and Elizabeth his wife by deed bearing date August 19 and 20, 1770 ... Signed, John Kinkead, Margaret Kinkead.
Help fund new features!