Facts and Events
John Kilkenny, Sr. was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Estate Records of John Kilkenny
- Page 175.- (undated, but appears to be abt. 1802).-John Kilkeney's estate in account with Sarah Jones (late Sarah Kilkenny) and Andrew Horouff (Harouff), administrators.
- Vol. 2 - 23d January, 1804--Sarah Kilkenney, Andrew Haroffe, administrators of Jno. Kilkenney.
Records of John Kilkenny in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- 1796--July 22, John Reid and John Kilkainey, surety. John Reid and Frances Miller, widow of Wm. Miller, deceased, late of Rockbridge County.
- 1801--April 22, James Kilkenny and Saml. Long, surety. James Kilkenny and Peggy Coiner (Comer), daughter of Michael Coiner, deceased. Sarah Kilkenny swears her son, James Kilkenny, is of age. (Note: the Sarah Kilkenny listed is the wife of John Kilkenny. John must have been sick and/or died prior to this date).
- Page 170.--25th July, 1801. Sttlement by Samuel Long, guardian for Peggy Kilkny, late Peggy Coiner (Comer?). (Note: the Peggy Kilkenny listed is the Peggy Coiner that married James Kilkenny, son of John Kilkenny, just three months prior).
- Vol. 2 - FEBRUARY, 1799, (A to K). - Commonwealth vs. John Kilkenny, Jr.--Mary King, daughter of Richard King, 2d November, 1798. (Note: this record establishes that John Kilkenny had a son John, who was most likely an adult prior to this date. Does this record list John's wife?).
- Vol. 2 - MARCH, 1800 (H to Z). - John Kilkenny and Sally, his wife, vs. William Short and Mary, his wife. --A. and B.