m. Est. 1701-1706
- John KennedyEst 1705 -
- Felix KennedyAbt 1718 - Bef 1797
Facts and Events
There are 2 vital records available on MyHeritage for John Kennedy, including birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Vital records are historical records that are typically recorded around the actual time of the event, which means they are likely accurate.
Vital records include information like the event date and place, and the person's occupation and residence.
Vital records also often include information about the person's relatives.
For example, birth and marriage records include names of parents and divorce records list the names of children.
See all vital records for John Kennedy
John Kennedy was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records of John Kennedy
- 1748 VA; Augusta Co. Records: Tax List: Felix Canaday gone, John Kennedy -gone.
- 1749 NC; Felix and John Kennedy or Canaday, located in the IRISH SETTLEMENT on Sills Creek
- 1753 NC; Anson Co, Felix Kennedy to John Kennedy (land)
- 1754 NC; Anson Co, 16 Mar 1754, Peter Mith to James Land, wit: John Kennedy
- 1753 NC; Anson Co, Felix Kennedy to John Kennedy (Became Lancaster Co. SC)
- 1755 NC/SC; Waxsaw - Col. Pickens Militia lists: Felix Kennedy, John Kennedy, Samuel BURNET, John Lynn
Information on John Kennedy
From "Carolina Cradle", by Robert Ramsey:
- Felix and John Kennedy (or Canaday), probably from Kent County, Maryland, entered the Shenandoah Valley prior to 1744. Eleven years later, both were living in the Waxhaw... [Page 43].
From "Maryland Eastern Shore Vital Records", by F. Edward Wright:
- ... (in) the register of St. Peter's Parish in Talbot County, Maryland records the marriage of John Canaday and Margaret Summers [Marget Sumers] on Augusta 17, 1727, and the register of St. Paul's Parish records the birth of their five children between 1728 and 1735, the oldest of which was John Cannaday, born on July 22, 1728.