Facts and Events
John Gabriel Jones was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Template:Wp-John Gabriel Jones
Will of John Gabriel Jones
- Jones, John Gabriel. Will probate November 1779.
- Names brothers Samuel (a surgeon), Gabriel, and Thomas, a brother-in-law Thomas Griffith; a friend Patrick Lockhart. Sisters Elizabeth, Ann, Margaret, Charlotte Griffith - property in England. His father was John Jones. Grandfather, Samuel Slade, both of England.
- [Source: Early Marriages, Wills and some Revolutionary War Records, Botetourt County, Virginia, Compiled by Anne Lowry Worrell, pg. 58].
- Occupation: intends to practice law 19 May 1773 Augusta Co., VA
- Event: listed as qualified attorney Occupation 17 Aug 1773 Augusta Co., VA
- Event: elected to Virginia's new House of Delegates Occupation 3 Jun 1776
- Probate: Nov 1779 Botetourt Co., VA
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Find A Grave.