Facts and Events
||Clark, Indiana, United Statessigned petition against slavery
||8 Dec 1812
||Clark, Indiana, United Statessigned petition requesting extra time to pay for land
||23 DEC 1817
||Clark, Indiana, United Statesto Milly Bowers
||22 Jul 1819
||Pope, Illinois, United Stateson road work crew
||Pope, Illinois, United Statesin court, sued Jacob Kennedy & lost
- ↑ Clarence Lott, 27 July 2008, in Johnson Family emails, Secondary quality.
- ↑ The Territory of Indiana 1800-1810. (UBC E173 U572 v. 7) , in United States. Department of State, and Clarence Edwin Carter. The territorial papers of the United States. (Washington [District of Columbia]: Government Printing Office, 1934-1962), Volume VII, pp. 705-707, Secondary quality.
- ↑ The Territory of Indiana 1810-1816. (UBC E173 U572 v. 8), in United States. Department of State, and Clarence Edwin Carter. The territorial papers of the United States. (Washington [District of Columbia]: Government Printing Office, 1934-1962), Volume VIII, Secondary quality.
Petition to Extend Time of Payment, pp. 221-223
p. 222 – signers inc. John Tilford . . . William Anderson . . . Robert Bowers . . . Jacob Storm, Daniel Bower, Adam Bower, . . . Charles Johnston, John Johnston, Bealy Johnston, John Reese, Joseph Reese, Bengiman Reese [all together], . .
- ↑ County Court Records, Pope County, Illinois, 1816-1831; LDS #0964530, in Illinois. County Court (Pope County), and Illinois. Court of County Commissioners (Pope County). County court records, 1816-1850. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1974), p. 51.
22 July 1819
Joel William appointed supervisor of Road from Golconda to Kaskaskia beginning at the house of Thomas Jones to the house of Thomas Rin[d]s, with workers [including but not limited to] Linkham Harper, William Thomas, James A. Whiesides, David Thomas John Whitesides, John Brown, Robert Penny, Enoch Penny, Benjamin McCool, David Mickles, William Penigler, John Johnson, Bala Johnson, James Snow, Henry Shufflebarger, Jesse McCool, . . .
- ↑ Circuit Court Record, Pope County, Illinois; LDS #0965696, in Illinois. Circuit Court (Pope County). Circuit Court records, 1818-1862. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1974), Vol A, 1818-1833.
p. 103 – 8 June 1820,
John Johnson Plaintiff vs Jacob Kennedy Defendant: Upon an Application from the Judgment of a Justice of Peace of this County
Ordered that this cause be continued until the next term of this court and that an Alias subpoena to the Appellee issue direct &c commanding &c returnable here &c
p. 124 – 10 November 1820
Jacob Kennedy Plaintiff vs John Johnson: Appeal
This day came the parties by their attorneys and the papers produced being defective if is therefore ordered by the Court that this Cause be dismissed the supersedeas herein discharged and that the plaintiff have the benefit of his judgement below and recover of the Defendant his costs by him about his suit in the behalf expended and the defendant in mercy &c