Facts and Events
John Hunter, Jr. was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Will of John Hunter, Jr.
- Page 377.--11th February, 1799. John Hunter's will--To eldest daughter, Frances; daughter, Martha; to nephew, John Hunter, son to Robert Hunter; to Thomas Frazer, land in Greenbrier; to nephew, Henry Hunter, Samuel Hunter's son; to David Braun, suit clothes; bound boy Wm. McCormick; Wm. Roger and wife Peggy to have use of the cabbin. Executors. Andrew and Mathew Hunter. Teste: John Cunningham, Robt. Hunter, Samuel Hunter, Wm. Bean. Proved, 23d July, 1804, and executors qualify.
Records of John Hunter in Augusta County, VA
- Vol. 2 - AUGUST 20, 1767. - (233) Wm. Christian, John Handley, James McKain, John Archer, Zachh. Johnston and John Hunter--certificates of hemp.
- Vol. 2 - AUGUST 20, 1768. - (353) James Cowan, Jr., appointed Constable, vice John Hunter.
- Vol. 2 - AUGUST 16, 1774. - (6) John Hunter exempted from County levy.
- Vol. 2 - AUGUST 22, 1774. - (14) Called Court on John Hunter for murder of Jacob Peoples.--Acquitted
- Vol. 2 - APRIL 21, 1789. - (45) William McCormack to be bound to John Hunter, and William Porter, orphan, aged 14 last January, and Henry Blackmore to be bound.
- Vol. 2 - AUGUST, 1800 (A to I). - John Hunter vs. Peter Franker.--Peter Franker and his son, John, 1799.
Help fund new features!