John Henton, of Linville's Creek, Augusta County, VA
m. ABT 1717
- John Henton, of Linville's Creek, Augusta County, VA1732 - 1782
Facts and Events
John Henton was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 469.--26th July, 1753. Francis Puicer (Puison, Puiser) and Sarah, of Rowan County, North Carolina, to John Hinton, 1753, 236 acres on Muddy Creek. Teste: Joseph and John Bryan and Paul Kuster.
- Page 304.--15th October. 1765. Jeremiah Harrison and Catherine to John Hinton, of County of Berks, Province Pennsylvania, £267.10, 400 acres on Linvel's Creek; corner John Wright, David Ralstone; corner conveyed by Abraham Hite to Jeremiah, 31st December, 1760, part of 1,200 acres conveyed to Abraham by McCoy et als., to whom it was originally granted. Delivered: John Hinton, August, 1768.
Records of John Henton in Augusta County, VA
- Page 351.--18th August, 17__(prob. 1756). Daniel Smith and Jean to James Ramsey, 80 acres on North River Shanandore, cor. Charles Divir's land. Teste: John Henton (Heaton ?). Delivered: Jno. McCoy, 9th November, 1767.
- Page 185.--16th March, 1757. John Hinton's bond (with Daniel Harrison, Sampson Archer) as guardian (chosen) to Thomas O'Neal aged 16), orphan of John O'Neal.
- Page 227.--21st March, 1757. Marks Miller's appraisement, by Sampson Archer, John Cravins, John Hinton.
- Page 328.--22d August, 1770. Jacob Warren's appraisement (by Jno. Henton. David Ralstone, Reuben Harrison) recorded.
- Page 57.--19th November, 1770. James Green and Mary ( ) to Benjamin Kinley, £80, 260 acres on a branch of Muddy Creek, near John O'Neal's lands. Harrison's lands. Teste: John Hinton, Michael Waren. John Gordon. Delivered: Benj. Kinley, 21st September, 1771.
- Page 466.--21st November, 1771. Appraisement recorded of John Harrison's estate by Michael Warren, John Hinton, Wm. Henton.
- Page 114.--27th May, 1772. John Chrisman's will, of Linvel's Creek; to wife, Mary, plantation, and 3 tons of hay yearly until four sons arrive at 21; to four sons. Jacob, Joseph, Abraham, and Isaac. Executors, John Henton, of Linvel's Creek, and Mary Chrisman, wife. Teste: George Chrisman, Tunas Hood. John Smith. Proved, 17th August, 1773, by Chrisman and Smith. John Hinton qualified with George Chrisman and Daniel Smith.
- Page 338.--13th August, 1773. Daniel Smith and Jean ( ) to Daniel Stover. Patented to Samuel Harrison, 5th September. 1749, and conveyed to Daniel. Teste: John Henton, Joseph Smith, Daniel Smith, Jr.
Information on John Henton
From "Papers read before the Lancaster County Historical Society, Volume 25", by Lancaster County Historical Society:
John Hinton. a resident of Berks County, Pa., bought 400 acres of land from Jeremiah Harrison on Linville's Creek, now in Rockingham County, Va., on October 14, 1765. Deed Book 12, pp. 391-394.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 McDaniel's, family.2.FTW.
Date of Import: 19 Nov 2005
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Family of Bud Flanagan of Md..FTW.
Date of Import: 28 Dec 2005
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Brøderbund Software, Inc. World Family Tree Vol. 16, Ed. 1 (3). (Release date: December 15, 1997), Tree #1056.
Date of Import: Aug 11, 2003
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 McDaniel.FTW.
Date of Import: 21 Feb 2005
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 .
Brøderbund WFT Vol. 2, Ed. 1, Tree #2696, Date of Import: Jun 12, 1997
- Chalkley, Lyman. Chronicles of the Scotch-Irish settlement in Virginia: Extracted from the Original Court Records of Augusta County, 1745-1800. (Rosslyn, Virginia: The Commonwealth Printing Company, 1912-1913 in Three Volumes), Vol. 2, Page 456.
CHRONICLES OF THE Scotch-Irish Settlement IN VIRGINIA EXTRACTED FROM THE ORIGINAL COURT RECORDS OF AUGUSTA COUNTY 1745-1800
AUGUSTA PARISH VESTRY BOOK.
Page 444.--1767-1768: Processioned by Robt. Cravens and Jeremiah Harrison: For Daniel Smith, for Lennard Herren, for Samuel Sample, for Thomas Harrison, for John Harrison, for Wm. Snaddone, for John McClure, for Saml. Briggs, for John McGill, for John Fowler, for Saml. Hemphill, for Jeremiah Harrison, for William Gregg, for Pat. Guin, for Jno. Cravens, for Robt. Cravens, for Daniel Love, for Daniel Harrison, for John Brown, for David Ralston, for John Hinton, for Vaulintine Saveyer, for Francis Hughes, for Alex. Harrison, for James Fowler, for Edward Shanklin, for Jennett McDonald, for Alex. Miller, for Jno. Hardman, for Henry Ewen (Erven), for William Ervin, for Andw. Ervin, for Walter Crow, for Michael Waren, for John Curry.