John Givens, of Middle River
Facts and Events
John Givens was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 234.--19th March, 1771. John King and Mary ( ) to John Givens, Ł265, 278 acres on Middle River of Shanadore. Hugh Thompson's corner. Delivered: John Givens, November 1775
- Page 220 - - 14th January, 1790. John Givens' will (Sr.) - - To wife, Margaret; to son, Thomas, 150 acres, part of home plantation; to son, James; to daughter, Mary; to daughter, Sarah Lofftis; daughter, Ann Henderson; son, John; son, George; son, Samuel; son, William; daughter, Elizabeth Lamme; daughter, Margaret Agnew. Executors, wife Margaret, son, James. Teste: D. Stephenson, George and James Crawford. Proved, April 20, 1790, by D. Stephenson and Geo. Crawford. James qualifies. Margaret Givens resuses to execute and nominates son James as sole executor.
- Page 286. 1761. Samuel Givens and Martha to Samuel Bell, £90, 159 acres, part of 311 acres patented to said Givens, on southeast side Middle River of Shanando betwixt lands of John and James Givens; cor. said James Givens. Teste: William Lamb, Wm. Walters. Delivered: Samuel Bell, 10th August, 1786.
- Page 290.—19th April, 1761. Samuel Givens and Martha to Samuel Henderson, £110, 151 acres, part of 311 acres on Middle River Shanando; cor. John Givens; cor. Samuel Bell's part of same tract. Teste: George Crawford, John Ritchey, Samuel Bell.
- Page 1 - Philip Harless, 80 acres, Givens Mill run. Adjacent to John Givens. March 17, 1762. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 1].
- Page 178 - Samuel Henderson, 117 acres, Middle River. Adjoining James Givens, William Johnson. June 26, 1770. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 64].