Facts and Events
John Ferrill was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- John Ferrill received a patent for 47 acres "between Picked Mountain (also referred to as "Peaked Mountain") and Shanando; corner of Daniel Price, on 5 June 1755, as listed below:
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 18.--17th November, 1767. John ( ) Ferrill and Margaret ( ) to Daniel Price, £20, 47 acres patented to John, 5th June, 1755, between the Picked Mountain and Shanando; corner said Price's land.
Records of John Ferrill in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 474.--28th September, 1765. William Frazier's estate sold at vendue--to, viz: Hance Magot, Wm. Hook, Wm. Patterson, John Ferrell, Jacob Herrberrger, Michael Coker. Settlement of above estate, by James Frazier--4 gallons liquor at the funeral, 6-1/2 gallons for vendue.
- Page 293.--16th March, 1770. Nicholas Null's estate sold at vendue--To Abram Wright, Augustine Price, Henry Null, Honekil Hoofman, Paushton Ostler, Gill Price, Ponshton Hostler, John Ferrel (Terril), Hauverstine Price, Patrick Dickson, George Null, William McBush, Peter Brinninger, Windle Weaver, Francis Kirtley, Wm. Munger, Alvenious Bowyer, Samuel Muncey, Peter Bunginger, Thos. Birk, Philip Williams, Henry Bingaman. Cash from Charles Fry, John Couch. By Windle Sivers' bond, from Archibald Hughston. By Charles Rush's note, Nicholas Shirley.
Other Ferrill Records in Augusta County, VA
- Vol. l - MARCH 21, 1759. - (240) William Farrell, orphan of John Farrell, to be bound out. (241) Barbara Ferrell--same as 240. supra. (Note: this John Ferrill, who had died prior to March 1759 is a different John Ferrill, perhaps this John's father or an uncle? More research necessary).
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 20, 1762. = (297) Margaret Farrell, servant of Andrew Greer, complains of ill-usage by her master, but Court orders 25 lashes.
Help fund new features!