Facts and Events
John Ferrell was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Guardian Records of John Ferrell
Note: these children all appear to be those of John Ferrell:
- Vol. 2 - Page 237.--20th March, 1758: Chas. Terrell (Furell), orphan, bound to Rev. Mr. John Brown.
- Vol. 2 - Page 217.--18th November, 1758: Orphan Barbara, daughter to John Terrill, bound to John Poage.
- Vol. 1 - MARCH 21, 1759. - (240) William Farrell, orphan of John Farrell, to be bound out.
- Vol. 1 - MARCH 21, 1759. - (241) Barbara Ferrell--same as 240. supra.
- Vol. 2 - Page 248.--26th November, 1759: William Ferrel, orphan, bound to John Archer.
Records of John Ferrell in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - MARCH 18, 1746/7. - (168) Road ordered from Top of the Ridge to John Terrald's and James Beard's, with these tithables, John Bomgardner, Jacob Harmon, Robert and Saml. Scot, John Stevenson, Robert Hook, Wm. Burk, Mathew Thompson, Charles Duel, Nicholas Noel, John Lawrence, Jacob Pence, Henry Dickens, Valentine Pence, George Scot, John Viare, Jacob Harmon, Sr., Mathew Sharp, John Harmon, Ro. Frazier, James Beard, Mathew Thompson, John Robton, Stiffell Francisco, Wm. Lamb, Samuel Lockard, Ro. Smith.
Records of other Ferrell's (Terrell's)
- Vol. 1 - MAY, 1768 (A). - Purviance vs. Timothy Terrell.--William Purviance, of Augusta County, December 28, 1767.
- Vol. 1 - MARCH, 1769 (A). The Rev. John Kinkead, debtor to Morris Terrell.--Labor. 1767, credit by one dollar at 6/3.
- Page 478.--19th August, 1771. Same (From William Beverley) to Francis Patton; corner William Reid, Robert Terrol.
Information on John Ferrell
From Rootsweb.com query:
FARRELL, FERRELL posted by G. Hunter Ferrell on Saturday, May 22, 1999
Seeking information on William Farrell, orphan of John Farrell. In the Augusta County Order Book #VI, March 21, 1759, it is ordered that William Farrell be bound out along with Barbara Farrell. I found this information in the book "Chronicles of the Scotch-Irish Settlement in Virginia". I am a descendant of a William Ferrell, b. abt. 1755, location unknown. William first appears in 1779 on a Dobbs Co, NC, tax list and later in Wayne Co, NC which was formed from Dobbs. He was apparently very close to the Watson family there, as he was deeded land from Isom Watson and witnessed several deeds among other Watson family members. He married Delila and their children were: John, Henry, Noel, Polly, Sarah, Elizabeth, and Rebecca. If anyone has information about John or William, please contact me. Thank you.
Help fund new features!