- John Donnellyest 1715-1725 - bef 1767
Facts and Events
John Donnelly was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 340.--8th March, 1763. Paul ( ) Garrison, of Roan County, North Carolina, to John Donilly, £20, 68 acres, said Garrison's part of 137 acres patented to John Donelly, Sr., and Paul Garrison, 29th May, 1760, on waters of Catawbo at a place called the Knob; corner land of John Donilly, Sr.
Estate Records of John Donnelly
- Page 389.--12th September, 1767. John Donelly's estate appraised by James McCown, Lanty Armstrong, John Armstrong, Bryan McDonald.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - MAY, 1765 (B). - Cunningham vs. Sawyers.--Capt Alexander Sawyers to William Cunningham, debtor. 1758, June 20, for Thomas Baker, for Henry Dooley; August 22, for John Burk; August 29, for Dennis O'Brian; November 3, to one deerskin for Andrew Johnson; November 14, pumps for John Foy; November 16, for John Donally, for James Asque; November 20, for Thos. Welsh, for Israel Young; November 23, for Joshua McCormick, for Abraham Thompson, for Samuel Hamilton, for John Cunningham; to one horse of my own; to my pay for 202 days' service in your Company, £20, 4, 0. Contra: By cash, per Joseph Ray, John Davis, at May Court. (Signed) David Sawyers.
- Page 518.--22d August, 1767. John Coffey, eldest son and heir of Hugh Coffey, deceased, and Susannah, of the Province of South Carolina, to John Ramsey, £40, 220 acres by patent, 3d November, 1750, to Hugh Coffey, father of John, corner John Donoly, crossing Cowpasture River.
Help fund new features!