John Davis, of Jackson River
Facts and Events
||John Davis, of Jackson River
||to Judith Unknown
There are 36 vital records available on MyHeritage for John Davis, of Jackson River, including birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Vital records are historical records that are typically recorded around the actual time of the event, which means they are likely accurate.
Vital records include information like the event date and place, and the person's occupation and residence.
Vital records also often include information about the person's relatives.
For example, birth and marriage records include names of parents and divorce records list the names of children.
See all vital records for John Davis, of Jackson River
John Davis was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land in Virginia:
- Page 200 - John Davis, 153 acres, branch of Jackson River. Adjoining William Cunningham. October 10, 1772. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 72].
- Page 202 - John Davis, 43 acres, Jackson River. Adjoining William Hutcheson. October 10, 1772. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 73].
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's
- Page 161.--15th August, 1759. Jno. Davis ( ) and Judith ( ) to Wm Sprowle, £100, 320 acres on Moffet's Creek of James River in Borden's tract; corner Jno. Patterson. Delivered: Wm. Sprowl, 15th May, 1771.
- Page 103.--9th February, 1762. John ( ) Davies and Judith ( ) to George Berry, £135, 198 acres, part of the land formerly belonging to Andrew Pickens; cor. John McPheeters in James Young's line, deceased; cor. to said George Berry's line. Teste: W. Ward, Jno. McPheeters, Joseph Ward Delivered: George Berry, April, 1774.
- Page 359.--20th September, 1763. John ( ) Davis and Judith to William Clark, £65, 65 acres on Jackson's River, formerly conveyed by Thomas Hughart to John, May, 1762. Delivered to William Clark, September, 1765.
- Page 206.--__ March, 1767. John ( ) Davis and Judey ( ) to Samuel McKee, £45, 230 acres on Walker's Run, a branch of Middle River, between William and Robert Stevenson's lands.
- Page 208.--17th March, 1767. John ( ) Davis and Judey ( ) to David Tate, £17, 85 acres on Jackson's River. Delivered: David Tate. June, 1770.
- Page 380.--17th May, 1768. John ( ) Davis and Judith ( ) to James Gregory, £75, 280 acres on West Fork of James River called Back Creek conveyed by John Young to said John Davis, 15th May, 1766. Delivered: Arther Hickens (Kichens), May, 1773.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 21, 1764. - (162) John Davis and Judith, his wife, admrs. of John Scott--produced an account and recorded.
- Page 369.--21st November, 1764. Settlement of John Scott's estate, by Jno. Davis and Judith, his wife. administrators, recorded--Paid Joseph Carpenter, guardian to Joseph, James and Jacob Scott. Cash paid Ellis Hogles, Michael Hider, Aaron Ryley, Jonathan Arnold, Thomas Parsons.