Facts and Events
Civil War Service
- Mother's Pension: Application 172182 (no certificate number listed -- an indication that it was not approved)
- Father's Pension: Application 293145, Certificate 274148
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Official Roster lists his date of death as 7 May 1864; his tombstone lists it as 26 February 1864. It should be noted that the tombstone appears to be a more recent government-issued tombstone, as it is not in the same style as those issued during or immediately after the Civil War. Perhaps it is a replacement.