Facts and Events
John Crawford was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
- CRAWFORD, JOHN, born October 28, 1762 near Staunton, Augusta County, Virginia; died January 31, 1841 at Chattanooga, Hamilton County, Tennessee. Married Mary Vernon in Spartansburg, South Carolina, 1782. She was born in Spartansburg in 1761 and died in Tennessee, 1831.
- SERVICE:Private, served in Battles of Brier Creek, Eutaw Springs and others. Served in 1780 under Captain Gibson, Major Joel Harris and in 1784 under Captain Edmond Hickman and Colonel Rutherford, Surry County, North Carolina.
- 1. William Ayers, born September 2, 1783, married Martha (Matty) Blakely.
- 2. John, Jr.
- 3. Polly, married Silas White.
- Probably other children.
- MEMBERS:Elizabeth Crawford Livermore, No. 546956.
- Mary Catherine Crawford Vincent, No. 546956.
- Lois Vincent Boone, No. 509314.
- Marybelle Crawford Buchanan, No. 563626.
- [Citation: Roster of Revolutionery Ancestors - Texas Society, http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/CRAWFORD/1999-07/0932324803].
Help fund new features!