Facts and Events
||25 Nov 1830
||Walton, Georgia, United StatesJohn Coker to Miss Martha E. Doyal
to Martha Ellen Doyal
||Walton, Georgia, United StatesJohn Coker, age 30 < 40, one male 10 < 15, 2 males < 5, 1 female 30 < 40, 2 females 5 < 10, no slaves
||Upson, Georgia, United StatesLeft Walton in the latter part of '43 and lived in Upson County, GA two years and in the fall of '45 moved to Walker County stopping at Crawfish Spring a short time.
||Walker, Georgia, United States
||9 Sep 1850
||Taylor's Ridge Valley, Walker, Georgia, United StatesDwelling/family #693, John Coker, age 42, farmer, born in Geo
||9 Sep 1850
||Taylor's Ridge Valley, Walker, Georgia, United Statesfarmer
||13 Jul 1860
||Ringgold, Catoosa, Georgia, United StatesDwelling #832, family #608, Jn Coker, age 52, stone mason, born in SC
||13 Jul 1860
||Ringgold, Catoosa, Georgia, United Statesstone mason
||24 Jun 1870
||McDonough, Henry, Georgia, United StatesJohn Coker, age 62, farmer, value of real estate $500, value of personal estate $350, born in Ga
||24 Jun 1870
||McDonough, Henry, Georgia, United Statesfarmer
||7 Jun 1890
||Morgan, Alabama, United States
A search for this John Coker in the 1830 U.S. census on Ancestry yielded no positive results.
John Coker was enumerated in the 1840 U.S. census in Walton County, Georgia.
Free white males:
Free white females:
The John Coker household was enumerated in the 1850 U.S. census in Walker County, Georgia.
- John Coker, 42, farmer, Georgia
- Martha E. Coker, 39, birth place [blank]
- James Coker, 21, Georgia
- Elizabeth, 19, Georgia
- Lucy A. Coker, 16, Georgia
- Newton H. Coker, 14, Georgia, attended school
- July A. Coker, 10, Georgia, attended school
- Leonard F. Coker, 8, Georgia
- Mary S. Coker, 5, Alabama
- Parks R. Coker, 2, Georgia
No real estate value is assigned to John Coker in the 1850 census. Values are entered for the other families on page 392. Perhaps John Coker did not own any real estate in 1850.
The John Coker household was enumerated in the 1860 U.S. census in Catoosa County, Georgia.
- Jn Coker, m, 52, stone mason, South Carolina
- M. E. Coker, f, 46, Georgia
- N. E. Coker, f, 27, Georgia, cannot read and write
- J. A. Coker, f, 18, Georgia, attended school
- L. F. Coker, m, 16, Farm laborer
- M. S. Coker, f, 14, Georgia, attended school
- P. R. Coker, m, 12, Georgia, attended school
- S. Coker, 10, m, Georgia, attended school
- J. R. Coker, 6, m, Georgia, attended school
Again in 1860 there are no estate values entered for John Coker but values are entered for others on the same page.
In 1860 James Coker, age 31, is enumerated in his own household in Catoosa County.
Catoosa County. was created in 1853 from Walker and Whitfield Counties in Georgia.
The John Coker household was enumerated in the 1870 U.S. census in Henry County, Georgia.
- John Coker, 62, farmer, 500, 350, Georgia
- Martha Coker, 57, Keeping house, Tennessee
- Elizabeth Coker, 39, Domestic, Georgia
- Julia Coker, 23, Domestic, Georgia John Coker, 16, Domestic, Georgia
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 John Coker, line 29, in Walton, Georgia, United States. 1840 U.S. Census Population Schedule, NARA M704, roll 52 /p. 103 (stamped), 1840.
Cutoff District / www.Ancestry.com
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Coker-Doyal, in Walton, Georgia, United States. Marriage Book B, page 148, 25 Nov 1830.
John Coker to Martha E. Doyal / microfilm, Georgia Archives
- ↑ Walker, Georgia, United States. Walker County Messenger. (LaFayette, Georgia), p. 5, cols. 1-2, 26 Jun 1890.
"Local News", "At Rest", microfilm M-2 (Nov. 1, 1888 - Aug. 11, 1892) / Walker County, Public Library, Lafayette, Georgia
Death notice for John Coker - Local News Obituary for John Coker - At Rest
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 John Coker, dwelling/family #693, in Walker, Georgia, United States. 1850 U.S. Census Population Schedule, NARA M432, roll 85 / p. 392 (B), 09 Sep 1850.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Jn Coker, dwelling #632, family #609, in Catoosa, Georgia, United States. 1860 U.S. Census Population Schedule, NARA M653, roll 114 / p. 1013 (stamped), 13 Jul 1860.
Ringgold Post Office / www.ancestry.com
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 John Coker, dwelling/family #64, in Henry, Georgia, United States. 1870 U.S. Census Population Schedule, NARA M593, roll 157 / p. 518, 24 Jun 1870.
McDonoug [sic] Post Office / www.ancestry.com
Help fund new features!