Facts and Events
Estate Records of John Cloyd in Augusta County, VA
- Page 375.--24th November, 1764. John Cloyd's estate settlement and vendue bill recorded--1759, 24th November, 2 gallons brandy for ye vendue; 1760, 27th December, 5 shillings paid Francis Lewis (Lever?); 1761, paid for making a coat for James; 1761, 14th April, cash paid widow Gatlive; 1761, 6th April, cash to Joseph Robinson; 1763, 11th August, paid Robert Pepper, Jno. Armstrong for making 3 pair Suse; amount of necessary bought for children; 1759, 29th November, sold to Jas. Cloyd, Jr.--John Cloyd Settled by David Cloyd, administrator.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 18, 1767. - (216) James Cloyd qualified administrator of John Cloyd, his brother.
- Vol. 3 - Page 26.--18th August, 1767. James Cloyd's bond (with Mathew Arbuckle, Joseph Richison) as administrator of Jno. Cloyd.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 24, 1767. - (301) George Jamison vs. James McDowell and John Cloyd } Abates by death of John Cloyd.
- Vol. 3 - Page 116.--18th September, 1767. John Cloyd's estate sold at vendue George Poage, Thos. Arbuckle, John Man, Andw. Wilson, Josiah Crawford, Robert Kirkham.
- Vol. 3 - Page 407.--23d May, 1771. Estate of John Cloyd, Dr., to James Cloyd To paid Martin Allen, cryer of vendue.