John Christian 'Hanchrist' Carlock
Facts and Events
Hanchrist Carlock was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records of Hanchrist Carlock in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - Delinquents - 1748 - Frederick Carlock, not found; David Carlock, not found; Huncriff Carlock, twice charged.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 28, 1750. - (421) Benj. Skoot, John Knowles, Joel Hornback, John West, Thomas Crawford, George Baffenbarger, John Christian Carlock, David Craig, John Walker, Jr., George Say, George Say, Jr., Simon Say, John Cunningham, Wm. Cunningham, Henry Landcisco, John Colley, Burket Reager, Henry Carr, Daniel Richardson, Nathaniel Clearey, added to list of tithables.
- Page 315.--13th November, 1750. Henry Thorn's will--Wife, Sarah, with child; father, Peter Thorn. Teste: James Scott, Henry Sheabler, Hunkrist Carlock. Proved, 27th February, 1750, by Carlock, and others to be summoned.
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 15, 1752. - (361) James Simpson and Michael Stump, overseers, with Jeremiah Osburn, Geo. Osburn, Mones Alkier, Heorndkis Corlock, John, Jacob and Wm. Westfall, Michael Stumph, Henry Harris, Henry Shipler and Philip Moore to view, mark and keep in repair on petition of the inhabitants of the South Fork branch a road up the south branch to Peter Reed's mill.
- Page 522.--7th August, 1753. Daniel Richardson's will--farmer. Wife, Elizabeth. Executor, Thos. Parsons. Children. Teste: John Knowls, Hunkrist Carlock, John Scull. Proved, 21st November. 1753, by Knowls and Scull, and executor qualifies with surety Benj. Scot and John Patton.