Facts and Events
John Capper was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Virginia
Acquisition of Land from Virginia Northern Neck Land Grants:
- M-325: John Capper of Frederick County, 204 acres on McCoy's Ridge, Jeremiah Smiths Cr. of Back Creek in said County. Surv. Mr. John Mauzy. 3 Jan. 1765. [Virginia Northern Neck Land Grants, 1742-1775, Vol. 2, Gertrude E. Gray, pg. 160].
- P-43: John Capper of Hampshire County, 250 acres on Timber Ridge in said County. Surv. Richard Rigg. Adj. his other land, David Williams, James Seaton. 20 May 1771. [Virginia Northern Neck Land Grants, 1742-1775, Vol. 2, Gertrude E. Gray, pg. 211].
Processioning List of 1760
- "Processioning" was the periodic review and agreement of property lines between settler's lands. Processioning Lists are useful in determining the general area of a settler’s lands and their neighbors at specific time periods:
- Vol. 2 - Page 283.--1760: Processioned by Abraham Bird, David Robinson, viz: For Jacob Trumbow, for John Miller, for Joseph Dicktum, for Uriah Humble, for Jacob Bare, for Conrad Lamb, for Abraham Bird, for Adam Rieder, for Mathias Rieder, for Alex. Painter, for John Bare, for James Baggs, for John Phillips, for Alex. Buchanan, for Daniel Davison, for Jacob Woodley, for Thomas Logan, for Zebulon Harrison, for John Harrison, for John Harrison, Jr., for John Davison, for Michael Weron, for Thomas Moore, for Francis Hughes, for Jonathan Hodges, for Andrew Bird, for Thomas Milsaps, for William McGee, for John Blizard, for Jacob Rambow, for David Robinson, for Martin Shumaker, for Charles Dayley, for Francis McBride, for John McDaniel, for John Bryant, for Macoy _____, for Robert Cravens, for George Spence, for John Miller, for Wm. Pickins, for Isaac Robinson, for John Capter.
Records in Virginia
- M-3: James Caudy of Hampshire County, 165 acres on McCoy's Ridge & Jeremiah Smith's Cr. of Back Creek in Frederick County. Surv. John Mauzy. Adj. John Capper. 15 May 1766. [Virginia Northern Neck Land Grants, 1742-1775, Vol. 2, Gertrude E. Gray, pg. 168].
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 International Genealogical Index. (LDS Church, 1999-2005).