m. bef 1836
- John Canter1843 - 1920
Facts and Events
Civil War Service
- Application 1026238; Certificate 910710
- Widow's Pension: Application 1166382; certificate 906772
There are 3 John CANTERs listed in the Official Roster for Company A:
- John W. Canter, Wagoner
- John Canter (1st), "Rejected by Mustering Officer"
- John Canter (2nd) (the one listed here); his pension index card says "Canter, John, 2'd"
- Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- ↑ United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Ohio, United States. Death Certificate. (Ohio, United States).