Facts and Events
John Cameron was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records of John Cameron in Augusta County, VA
- MARCH, 1756 (B). - Charles Julian vs. John Cameron.--John Cameron of Orange County, 1755.
- Page 156.--6th February, 1762.--James Litster's estate sold to, viz. James Ward, Geo. Wilson, Mathew Reed, Wm. Cabeen, Chas. Donnally, Ro. Armstrong, Edward Long, Pat. Cunningham, Andw. Greer, Thos. Fulton, Margt. Cameron, Jno. Stewart, Ro. Reed, Geo. Francisco, David Bell, Wm. Poage, Wm. Crow, Luke Bowyer, Abraham Thornton. Wm. Henderson, Jno. Buchanan, Thos. O'Neal, Alex. Gibson, Alex. Wright, Jno. Francis, James Simpson, Geo. Weaver, Philip Helveston, Jno. King, Geo. Anderson, Rev. Mr. Craige, Andw. Russell, Saml. Caldwell, Joseph Roberts, Jno. Gregory, Jno. Lucas, Mathew Clark, Jno. Anderson, Jr., James Robinson, Jacob Parsinger, Saml. Moore, Christopher Vinyard, Thos. Patterson, the Widow Bell, Ralph Gorrell, Jos. Russell, James Gilmore, Simon Robertson, James Hughes.
- COUNTY COURT JUDGMENTS - MARCH, 1764 (C). McDonald vs. Sumter.--27th November, 1761. Sergeant Thomas Sumter's (in the Virginia Regiment) bond to Alexander McDonald for £59.9.0, C. M. Va. Test. John Cameron, Lieutenant in the Virginia Regiment; Robert Fillson.
- MARCH, 1764 (C). - Alexander McDonald vs. Thomas Sumter.--Bond, 27th November, 1761. Defendant, Sergeant in the Virginia Regiment. Witness, John Cameron, Lieutenant in same. Writ, 19th September, 1763 (third year of reign).
- Page 491.--2d April, 1766. Margret Cameron to sons Charles and George Cameron, love and goodwill, household goods. Teste: George Francisco and John Murray. (Note: John Cameron had died prior to this date).