d.17 December 1844
Facts and Events
Will Abstract of John Brubaker
- Brubaker, John Sen. - Will Book C-13 (Will)
- Daughter, Catharine Strickler wife of Henry D. Strickler & her children - 2 tracts of land in Iroquois County Illinois - 320- without the control of her husband.
- Having advanced to my son-in-law John B. Strickler $4450.00 & the sum of $838.00 for the purchase of 106 3/4 acres of land in Iroquois County, Illinois which was deeded & conveyed to my daughter Barbara Strickler the wife of John B. Strickler & in addition to all which will devise and bequeathed to my daughter, Barbara Stickler & her children the receipt of Saml. McRoberts, Receiver for the Commonwealth dated 11 Jan 1839 to Danl. Brubaker my deceased son.
- Grandchildren - Pamela Ann Keyser, John William Keyser, Thomas Keyser, Elizabeth Keyser, Joseph Keyser & Peter Keyser children of my deceased daughter Mary the former wife of Col. Andrew Keyser - $2313.00.
- Having made advances in money and land to sons, John Brubaker Jr. & Jacob Brubaker I intend the same to be considered in full their portions of my estate.
- The Plantation on which I reside which was deeded to me by my father Abraham Brubaker & another tract of land adjoining (130 acres also conveyed to me by my father & 57 3/4 acres which was conveyed to me by Daniel C. & Gideon Brubaker & their wives & another tract of land on the mountain side conveyed to me by Robert Mauck & wife 150 acres) - to my son Peter Brubaker & my 2 grandchildren, George Thomas Brubaker & Sarah Elizabeth Brubaker children of my deceased son Abraham.
- The Dower right which I purchased of Barabara Smith widow of Peter Brubaker my executor shall rent or sell as in his discretion he may think best for my estate.
- (signed) John Brubaker Sen. - (X) his mark
- Executors - Philip Long, William C. Mauck
- Witnesses - Daniel Strickler, Gideon C. Brubaker, John Long
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://www.miles-shute-kouns-families.com/getperson.php?personID=I0125&tree=Brubaker