Facts and Events
John Bowne was born on March 13, 1657 at 9 at nightS2, most likely in Flushing, Long Island. John died on August 30, 1673S1, S2.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Wilson, Edith King. Bowne family of Flushing, Long Island. (New York: unknown, 1948), 3, Secondary quality.
Children of John Bowne and Hannah Feke: 1) John, b. "13.1.1656/7" [13 Mar 1656/57], d. "30.6.1673" [30 Aug 1673].
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Bowne, John, and Herbert F. Ricard. Journal of John Bowne, 1650-1694. (New York, New York: Friends of the Queensborough Community College Library, c1975), p. 18, 1975, Primary quality.
[Fol. 48] John Bowne there son was borne march the 13 1656 about 9 at night
[Fol 47 verso] John Bowne oure sonn laide downe the boddy the 30th day of ye 6th: mo [Aug] 1673
- Carol Waugh. GENSERV FEAKE Family database WAUP6MA, December, 20 1996, Questionable quality.
- ↑ Society of Friends. Flushing Monthly Meeting (Flushing, New York). Monthly meeting records, 1640-. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1950), 123, Primary quality.
John Bowne ye sonn of John & Hannah Bowne was borne ye 13th of ye first month 1656.
[Note: "ye first month 1656" would be Mar 1655/56, which differs from S1. However this record was made when "ye first [child] being Eight", i.e., 8 years after John was born.]
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Hinshaw, William Wade; Thomas Worth Marshall; and John Cox. Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy. (Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States: Edwards Brothers, 1936-1950), 3:41.
'John [son of John and Hannah (Feake) Bowne] b 1 Mo (Mar) 13, 1656/7 d 6 Mo 30, 1673'
- ↑ "Records of the Society of Friends of the City of New York and Vicinity, from 1640 to 1800", in The New York Genealogical and Biographical Record. (New York, New York: New York Genealogical and Biographical Society), Vol. 7, p. 39.
John Bowne ye sonn of John & Hannah Bowne dyed ye 30th day of ye 6th m'o fflushing, 1673.
[Note: In old-styles dates, the sixth month is August. More info may be found here.]
Help fund new features!