- H. John BingamanEst 1736 -
- W. Elizabeth (add)
m. bef. 1762
Facts and Events
||to Elizabeth (add)
John Bingaman, Jr. was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 142.--6th September, 1762. John Bingeman and Elizabeth ( ) of Broomfield in Culpeper Co. to Thomas Stanton, Jr., of same parish and county, £70, 184 acres patented to John Bingeman, Sr., 20th June, 1763. (s/b 1753) Livery and seisin. Teste: James Kirtley, Jonathan Cowhard, Thomas Kirtley, Richard Stanton, Thomas Stanton, Sr. Delivered: Thomas Madison, February, 1770.
- Page 144.--6th September, 1762. Same to same (John Bingeman and Elizabeth ( ) of Broomfield in Culpeper Co. to Thomas Stanton, Jr., of same parish and county), £50, 100 acres by patent to John Buchanan, 5th April, 1748, on Wood's River, known by the name of Bufflo Pond. Teste: Jno. Hume, Thos. Stanton, Joseph Ham, Richard Stanton, Simon Tomison. Delivered: Thos. Madison, 1770.
- Page 146.--16th October, 1762. Same (John Bingeman and Elizabeth ( ) of Broomfield in Culpeper Co.) to Thomas Stanton, £61, 460 acres by patent to John, 20th June, 1753, on Woods River at Poplar Camp. Teste: Nicholas ( ) Null, Thomas Stanton, Jr.; Richard Stanton, Jno. Hume. Delivered: Thomas Madison, 1770.
Records of John Bingaman in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley's Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 19, 1756. - (193) Francis Kerkley, Jacob Shell, Jacob Lingle. Christian Bingaman, John Bingaman, Henry Bingaman, added to tithables. (Note: John Bingaman, Jr. must have been an adult by this date, making him older than some estimates, prob. born by 1736).
- Vol. 1 - FEBRUARY 16, 1763. - (458) John Bingamon to Thos. Staunton, Jr. Ann Croxan, servant of Mary Greenlee.
- Page 223.--16th February, 1763. John Bingaman (Jr.) presented his settlement of John Bingaman's estate: Paid Patton's executors my father's bond with interest to 10th December, 1762; paid Mathias Carsh (Kersh); paid Wm Leppard, Nicholas Keys, Conrad Bloss, Henry and Christian Bingaman.
- Vol. 1 - MAY, 1763 (B). - Bingaman vs. Smith.--January ye 2d day. Received of John Bingamin 861 weight of beef for the use of my Company and the Cherokee Indians at the rate of 10/ per C., £4, 6, 3 1/2, and more to cash upon the same account 18/ per me. (Signed) John Smith.
Help fund new features!