Facts and Events
John Bing was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records of John Bing in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley's Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 17, 1774. - (9) Hemp certificate: John Bing.
- Page 260.--12th February, 1778. Ralph Lofftus and Sarah to Adam and John Stephenson and Samuel Anderson. Patented to William Cunningham, 10th August, 1759, on Thorny Branch. Delivered: John Bing, August, 1778. Teste: Thomas, Joseph and James Waddle.
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 17, 1778. - (378) John Bing appointed road surveyor. Walter Davis appointed road surveyor.
- Page 93.--On Thorny Branch, joining John Stunkard and John Bing. (Note: this record is undated, but appears to be abt. 1789-1790, shows John Bing was living on "Thorny Branch", most likely the land listed in record above).
- Page 292.--16th November, 1790.-- James Young's will--To Agnes Miller, wife to Wut Miller, daughter to George Glenn; to James Glenn, son to George Glenn; to William Glenn, son to George Glenn; to Sarah Glenn, daughter to George Glenn; to Martha Glenn, daughter to George Glenn to Hugh Glenn, son to George Glenn; to Mary Glenn, daughter to George Glenn infant; to Margaret, Esther. Elizabeth, Martha, John, James, William Bing, children to John Bing; to son-in-law George Glenn, to son-in-law John Bing, executors. Teste: Robert Young, Jr.; Robert Young, Sr.; Sarah Young. Proved, 21st December, 1790, by all witnesses. George Glenn and Wm. Young qualified. (Note: James Young's will proves the parentage of John's wife, Martha Young).
- Page 407.--Adam Stephenson's appraisement by Wm. Hogshead, John Erwin, John Bing. Recorded. 20th September, 1791.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1792--November 20, John Nolin and Margaret Bing, daughter of John Bing; surety, John Bing.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage in Augusta County - 1792, November 22d--By Rev. Wm. Wilson: John Nolin and Mary Bing.
- Vol. 1 - MAY, 1797 (H to W). - Wm. Hogshead, infant, by James Hogshead, next friend, vs. John Bing.-- Writ, 18th March, 1795.
- AUGUST, 1807 (L to Z). - Malcom vs. Hogshead.--June, 1806, notice to take deposition of John
Bing, of Gallia County, Ohio. Deposition taken, 11th August, 1806, before Andrew Erwin and Peter Aleshine, Justices of Gallia County. (Note: this record proves that John Bing had gone to Gallia County, Ohio prior to 1806).