John S. Armstrong
Facts and Events
Civil War Service
- 1st Sergeant, Company F and 1st Lieutenant, Company C, 1st Ohio Heavy Artillery
- Mustered in 13 August 1862
- Promoted to Sergeant Major 1 January 1863
- Promoted to 2nd Lieutenant 16 May 1863
- Promoted to 1st Lieutenant 14 November 1863
- Mustered out 25 July 1865
- Application 147792; Certificate 117120
- Widow's Pension: Application 982945, no certificate number listed (an indication that the application was not approved)
- ↑ Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Ohio, United States. Death Certificate. (Ohio, United States), cert. 10874 (1912).
- ↑ Find A Grave.