Facts and Events
John Westfall was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records of John Westfall in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 42.--4th September. 1746. Johannes Bougard's will, of the South Branch--Wife, Sarah, big with child, who must be brought up in her father's house; brother, Anthony Hougard, shoemaker's leather; daughter, Anna Bougard. Executors, Abell Westfall and Anthony Bougard. Teste: Abraham Vanderpool, John Westfall, Jacob Westfall. Proved by Jacob Westfall, 21st May, 1747. Proved by other witnesses, 28th June, 1747.
- Vol. 1 - JUNE 18, 1747. - (221) John Westvall qualified Constable.
- Vol. 1 - 1749. - Inquisition, 15th April, 1749, on body of Samuel Decker, son of Garret Decker, on the South Branch of Potomac, by Peter Scholl, coroner. Samuel received his death by accident by a penknife. Peter Scholl, coroner; Abram Vanderpool, Able Westfall, Hendrey Scarbrough, James Simpson, Johanes Curtract, Conrad Hoerner, Johann Michael Hoerner, Daniel Hoornbeck, Anthony Logen, George Osborn, John Westfall, Cornelius Curt Right (See Curtract above).
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 28, 1750. - (423) Abraham Vanderpool, Mathew Uter, Abell Westfall, Anthony Bogard, George Osburn, Jeremiah Osburn, Jeremiah Osburn, Jr., John Osburn, James Simson, Jacob Westfall, Leonard Neiff, John Westfall, Hermanus Skout, Anthony Reger, Anthony Reger, Jr., Michael Rhyne, Peter Reed, George West, Thomas Iax, Robert Graham, added to list of tithables.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 26, 1766. - (328) Motion of Jacob Conrad and Hannah--John Westfall, admr. of Abraham Westfall, who was admr. of John Bogard. summoned.
- Page 459.--16th March, 1771. Settlement of Henry Coffman's estate By bonds of, viz: James Sears and Michael Thorn, David Cradock, Christopher Yeasill and Philip Crites, Mary Tasher and Michael Thorn, Henry Coffman and Michael Stump, Elizabeth Tasher and Michael Thorn, Peter Shook and James Sears, Joseph Wilson, George Yeokim and Michael Thorn, John Rorebough and Martin Jobb, John Higgens and Ignetius Coombs, Danl. McNeil and John Westfall, Michael Moore and Geo. Yeokim, John Spelman and John Roreback, Job Wellton and Thos. Parsons, Thos. Parsons and Robert Cunningham. Jacob Bogard and Michael Harness, Martin Jobb and Adam Rydebogh. Elizabeth Tosher and Michael Thorn. By cash received at vendue as follows, viz: Richard Byrn, Jacob Break, John Our, Philip Crites, Lanie Hire, Leonard Knave, Charles Smith, Lewis Shriver, Jacob Rabuck, Richard Byrn, Michae1 Drum (Dunn?), James Willkie. Conrad Moore, Christale Tasher, Abigail Coffman, John Gradner. Debts due by Jacob Reiger. Debts due to. viz: Peter Haws, Cathrine Stump, Malldlin Break, Chas. Lynch. Cash paid as follows, viz: To Richard Brynns, James Willy, Madlin Coofman.
- Vol. 2. - Fisher vs. Fisher--O. S. 360; N. S. 130--Bill, 1806, by Solomon Fisher, of Kentucky, that his father, Adam Fisher, of Hampshire, died 1782, testate. Orator was then 10 years old. The widow died 1804. Will of Adam Fisher, blacksmith, of Hampshire. Wife, Christiana; sons, Adam, Jacob, John, George, Michael, Solomon; daughters, Elizabeth, Catherine. Supervisors are, viz., wife; John Westfall, Senior, and Michael See. Dated 14th May, 1778. Recorded in Hampshire 11th March, 1783.
- Page 107.--16th November, 1779. Recorded. Michael Mallow's sale bill--Sold to, viz: Michael Allgyre, Jacob Bragg, Peter Wineman, Jacob Carpenter, Joseph Bennett, Adam Mallow, Jacob Break, Richard Byrns, Martin Judy, Philip Harper, Jno. Rice; to Nicholas Boucher, Jno. Westfall, Peter Vineman, Jno. Higgins, Jacob Goodman, Jacob Heffenor, Christopher Hoofner, Gasper Bogart, Henry Rule, Abel Griffith, Peter Hald, Peter Segerfoot, widow Moser, Aaron Vanscoy, Thos. Bland, Zachary Retsworth, Sarah Harmon, Ludowick Waggoner, Thos. Wilmot, Adam Lock, Michael Peterson, Geo. Walker, Samuel Morrall, Zachary Retsroth, Henry Judy, Jacob Springstone, Jacob Caplinger, John Server, Eve Moser, Lawrence Causan (Cansen?), Robt. Craigard, Gabriel Cyle (Kile).
Help fund new features!