m. 3 NOV 1668
- Michael Wilhite1670/71 - 1746
Facts and Events
Johann Michael Wilhite (Wilheit, Wilhoit) was one of the Early Settlers of Germanna Colony
Immigration to Germanna Colony
Michael Wilhite and his family are listed among the second group of settlers to Germanna Colony in Virginia in April 1717:
- Johann Michael Willheit (Wilhoit), 46, Anna Maria (Hengsteler), 32, Tobias, 9, Johannes, 4, Christian, 2.
Will of Michael Wilhite
- Pages 87-88. Will of Michael Willheit of the Parish of St. Mark's and County of Orange, being sick and weak in body, dated 1 Jan. 1742-43.
- After my decease my loving wife Mary Willheit do live and continue upon the plantation where I now live during her natural life. I enjoin and require all my children to honour, respect and assist her as their loving mother.
- To my loving wife Mary all my personal estate and to make sale of either horses or cattle. After her decease my personal estate equally amongst my six children.
- My tract of 289 acres equally divided in two parts of which my son Matthias Willheit is to have one and my youngest son Phillipp Willhite the other whereon the houses and plantatition is and whereon I now do live. After the death of my loving wife Mary and when my two sons Matthias Willheit and then the aforesaid two younger sons do may £12, unto Tobias Willheit £3 currency, unto John Willheit £3 currency , unto Adam Willheit £3 currency, and unto my daughter Eva (now married to Nicholas Hold) £3 currency.
- My loving friend Michael Hold and my dear eldest son Tobias Willheit executors.
- (signed) Michael Willheit
- Wit: Baltha (X) Blankenbecker, John Sneider, Michael Holt.
- 26 June 1746. Presented in Court by Tobias Willheit. Proved by Michael Holt and Balthasa Blankenpecker. The other executor refused to join. The executor with Ludowick Fisher and Lawrence Garr his securities acknowledged bond. [Orange County Virginia Will Book 2, Dorman, pg. 15].
- Page 88. Michael Willhite. Inventory. Total valuation £20.3.6. (signed) Ambrose Powell, Stockley Towles, Fras. (F) Mikel. 24 July 1746. Returned. [Orange County Virginia Will Book 2, Dorman, pg. 15].
- Page 103. Michael Wilheit. Additional inventory. Total valuation £2.15.6. (signed) Stokly Towles, Frances Mikill, Ambrose Powell. 26 Feb. 1746 . Returned. [Orange County Virginia Will Book 2, Dorman, pg. 20].