Johann Michael Schmidt, Jr.
Facts and Events
Michael Smith, Jr. was one of the Early Settlers of Germanna Colony
Land Records in Orange County, VA
- Pg. 247-250. - Indenture 23 Nov. 1744 between Michl. Smith Junr., St. Mark's Parish, Orange County, and Adam Garr of same.. deeds of lease and release.. payment of £16.. for 120 acres of land.. beginning.. corner to John Broyle.... (signed) Michael (MS) Smith Junr. (seal). Witnesses: John Kaine, David Kindread (Kincaid), Thos. (X) Duncan. Recorded Orange County 28 February 1744/5. [Orange County Virginia Deed Book 9, Dorman, pg. 27].
Records in Culpeper County, VA
Brumfield Parish, Culpeper County, Virginia:
- 28 Jan. 1762 - Michael Smith to son in law John Berry. Michael's wife was Anna Magdalene. Susannah Berry was their daughter.
- 18 Feb. 1762 - Michael Smith's neighbors on an indenture: Nicholas Criger, George Utz, Jr., John Clore to Adam Yeager in 1726.
- 1764 - Culpeper County, Virginia Rent Rolls
- Michael Smith (Johannes Michael Smith)
- Zachariah Smith, son of Michael Smith
Information on Michael Smith, Jr.
Orange County, Virginia "The will of John Casper Stover 1739 directed that Michael Schmidt (later Smith) and family be brought from Philadelphia to Virginia"
From Virginia Vital Records, indexed by Judith McGhan, pg. 322:
Michael (John Michael) Smith of Culpeper County, VA., made deed of gift to "loveing Son in Law George Christler", Dec. 31, 1771. Sponsors: Zacharias Schmidt, was the brother of Anna Magdalene Schmidt.
- ↑ Ancestry.com data base.