Johan Jacob Lingel
Facts and Events
Jacob Lingel (Lingle) was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land in Virginia:
- Page 61.--10th February, 1754. Same (From Col. James Patton) to Jacob Lingell, 280 acres on Tom's Creek as above. Cor. Casper Bonier, Draper's lines. [Source: Chalkley's, Vol. 3].
- Page 102 - Jacob Lingle, 154 acre, May 10, 1768. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 37].
- Page 504.--6th May, 1769. James and Moses Green to Jacob Lingle, £40, 200 acres, part of 2000 acres on south side of Peaked Mountain on a branch of Lick Run. Teste: Henry ( ) Miller, John ( ) Miller, Christian Miller. Delivered to Mr. Kease (?), May, 1770.
- Page 226 - Jacob Lingle, 33 acres, Shenandoah River. Adjoining Boyer and his own land. March 11, 1773. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 80].
- Page 103 - Jacob Lingle, 150 acres, South Fork Mountain. Dec. 2, 1790. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 131].
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 517.--10th August, 1769. Jacob Lingle and Ann ( ) to Peter Gunrod and Stephen Gunrod (Conrod), £46, 280 acres on Tom's Creek of New River, conveyed to Jacob by Col. James Patton, patentee, corner Casper Barger, Draper's line.
- Page 322.--March, 1776. Jacob Lingle and Elizabeth ( ) (heir-at-law of John Lingle, deceased, to James Archer), tract patented to John Lingle, deceased, 3d August, 1771, on Quails Run, a branch of Shanando. (Note: this land belonged to John Lingle, son of Jacob, Sr.).
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - List of Delinquents, 1756--In ye lower end of Augusta County: John Brown, Christian Clemon, Evan Evans, Constable; Rubin Harrison, Constable; Andrew Hislep. John Love, Jacob Lingle, Barnet Mathews, Valentine Mackey.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 19, 1756. - (193) Francis Kerkley, Jacob Shell, Jacob Lingle. Christian Bingaman, John Bingaman, Henry Bingaman, added to tithables.
- 17th February, 1758. Colonel James Patton's estate; appraised by Thomas Stewart, John Ramsey, Edward Hall. List of bonds, bills, &c., due the estate: Page 205. - Jacob Lingell, 1st November, 1753. (Note: listed among many others, most are bonds due for land conveyed to settlers by Col. James Patton).
- Page 109.--15th February, 1763. Same (From Andrew ( ) Balfaut and Elizabeth ( ) (Faut)) to Gasper Balfaut, his brother, £2, 67 acres, art of 400 acres patented to John Balfaut, 20th February, 1745, on a small branch of Shanando; cor. Christian Clemmon's land. Teste: Jacob Lingell. Delivered: Casper Fought, April, 1779.
- Vol. 2 - Daniel Smith's Supernumeraries for 1773: Michael Kales, Steeven Coonrod, Mathias Kersh, Henry Null, Jonathan Evans, Richard Ragan, Frederick Kaler, Mathias Rhodes, John Thomas, Valentine Castle, Stephen Hancberger, Robert Hook, Jacob Lingle, John Striclas, Sam'l Erwin, Joseph Sawins, Thomas Powell, Mathias Monse, John Black, Frederick Up.
Help fund new features!