Facts and Events
||Joel Evan Ogburn
||17 MAR 1828
||Wayne, Indiana, United States
||06 SEP 1849
||Wayne, Indianato Martha Lane
||06 SEP 1849
||Greens Fork, Ind.,to Martha Lane
||Union Mills, Iowa,
||27 DEC 1910
||Iowa, United States
||Union Mills, Mahaska, Iowa, United StatesUnion Mills Cemetery
11 Aug 1828 West Grove Quaker Monthly Meeting, Wayne County, Indiana
Joel was disowned for joining the United Bretheren
Proud Mahaska, pg. 711, 1900
Ogborn, J. E., farmer and blacksmith, Sec. 15; P.O. Union Mills; born in Wayne County, Ind., in 1828; came to this county in June, 1855; owns 90 acres of land; has held the offices of justice of the peace and school director; he married Martha Lane in 1849; she was born in Butler County, Ohio; they have nine children: Wilbern, Horace H., Frank, Katie L., Arthur, Mollie, Alice, Ollie, and Fred.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana. (Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy [volume VII]), West Grove p.10.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Mahaska County, Iowa WPA Burial Records, visited April 1999 by Judith Lanoux Smith.
- ↑ Mahaska County, Iowa WPA Burial Records, Gravestone of Joel and Martha Ogburn, visited April 1999 by Judith Lanoux Smith.
- Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana. (Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy [volume VII]), part 4, pg 28. West Grove MM minutes.
- 1840 U.S. Census, Wayne County, Indiana, pg. 121, household 658/658.
- ↑ The History of Mahaska County, Iowa, p. 753.
- History of Wayne County, Indiana, p. 204.
- Proud Mahaska, 1843 - 1900, pg. 711.
- ↑ Ogburn/Joel Evan and Martha/born March 17, 1828/born July 19, 1832/ married September 6, 1849/ died Dec 27, 1910/May 2, 1909
- Joel Ogborn22 yrsblacksmith200b. Ind.
Martha18 yrs.b. Ohio
(next door to a blacksmith named Mendenhall)
Help fund new features!