Facts and Events
Deed and census information provided by Bob Mitchell:
- 1807: Jesse Jackson of the District of Chesterfield, South Carolina from David Jackson…334 acres of land that had been granted to Benjamin Jackson. 1807. Wit. Elisha Jackson, John Griffith
- 1810 US Census, Anson Co., North Carolina, Jesse Jackson enumerated as follows:
Males: Under 10 3; 10-15 1; 26-44 1 Females: Under 10 2; 10-15 1; 26-44 1
- 1815: Elijah Huntley to Jesse Jackson, two hundred and forty acres, 1815, Wit David Meadors and William Meadors
- 1816: Robert Huntley, Sr. to Jesse Jackson (Sr.) land on the north side of Rushing Creek being part of land bought of Rolland Rushing, 130 acres, July 1816
- 1816: David Huntley to Jesse Jackson in 1816, one hundred acres
- 1818: Jesse Jackson witnessed a deed from John Jackson to Stephen Jackson and Nancy Hendrick in 1818 Anson Co., North Carolina, Deed Bk. S, Pg 99.
- 1820 US Census, Anson Co., North Carolina, Jesse Jackson enumerated as follows:
Males: Under 10 1; 10-16 2; 45 & over 1 Females: Under 10 2; 10-16 1; 26-45 1
In the 1807 deed above, Jesse is buying 334 acres from his brother David. Benjamin was their father. Elisha Jackson was Jesse's son.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Research of Bob Mitchell.
- ↑ Russell, Mary Harkey web site. (http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~bird/).
- United States. 1800 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Chesterfield Co., South Carolina.