m. 13 AUG 1805
- Jane GrahamABT 1819 - 1907
Facts and Events
||ABT JAN 1819
||Longtown, Cumberland, England, 55.009323,-2.971852
||17 JAN 1819
||Longtown, Par. of Arthuret, Cumberland, England, 54.999687,-2.97172
||Township of Moat, Par. of Kirkandrews upon Esk, Cumberland, England
||Nichol Forest, Dist of Longtown, Cumberland, England
||22 JUN 1852
||NicholForest, Cumberland, Englandto James Turnbull
||07 APR 1861
||Rigg Gate, Nichol Forest, Cumberland, England, 55.077659,-2.882916with James Turnbull
||Taranaki, New Zealand
||01 OCT 1907
||Waitara, Taranaki, New Zealand, -39.00091,174.237571
||04 OCT 1907
||Huirangi Cem., nr Waitara, Taranaki, New Zealand, -39.0488,174.251103
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 DC ANDREWS, Ellen nee TURNBULL 1926, Record Type: Death cert., Name Of Person: Ellen TURNBULL (10), Number: Fo. (03 Jun 1926), Dth 1926 Ellen ANDREWS nee TURNBULL, inspection p/copy held, rcvd Apr 1993.
provided Jane's surname & immigration date estimate
- ↑ BAP: TURNBULL/GRAHAM children, Volume: Bishops Transcripts Nichol Forest, Cumberland, England, Bap. 1854 Elen TURNBULL, p/copy taken Sep 1994 held by L McIntosh.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 DC Turnbull, Jane, 1907, Waitara, Record Type: Death, Name Of Person: Jane TURNBULL (16), Number: Waitara 2657. (01 Oct 1907), original inspection cert held by Marie C, Edgecombe, p/copy rcvd Aug 1993.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Baptisms: GRAHAM S/BATTY, J, Longtown, Cumberland, 1813 to 1835, Volume: PR 177/18 ( BTs) Arthuret baptisms.
- ↑ Taranaki Herald clippings or NP Index, Location: New Plymouth Library, 4 Oct 1907 Dth notice Jane TURNBULL p/copy taken Nov 1993 held L McIntosh.
- ↑ Census: 1841 Ancestry, Record Type: Census (images for England, transcriptions for Scotland), Location: UK. (1841), Moat, Kirkandrews upon Esk, Dist of Longtown, Eskdale Hundred, Cumberland HO107/169 ED 8 Pg 4, hsehold of John & Mary SAUNDERS, copy d/loaded May 2006.
- ↑ Census: 1851 Ancestry, Record Type: Census (images for England, transcriptions for Scotland), Location: UK, Re. (1851), Nichol Forest, Dist of Longtown, Cumberland HO107/2428 ED 9 Folio 111 Pg 4 Sched 14, hsehold of George ?Tinniswood?, copy d/loaded May 2006.
- ↑ Bridget C. EM Cumberland Families: Bridget C, Recipient: Lorna Henderson, Address: England, Author E-mail:, confirmation of hoh surname, rcvd Feb 2007.
- ↑ DC Turnbull, James 1891 Huirangi, Taranaki, New Zealand, Record Type: Death cert, Name Of Person: James TURNBU. (19 Mar 1891), Inspection p/copy from Marie C, Edgecombe, rcvd Aug 1993 held by L McIntosh.
- ↑ Jane, dtr of Stephen, labourer of Longtown, & Jane (late Batty) Graham
- ↑ Dth cert: folio 2657: #15 1st Oct 1907 Waitara, Jane Turnbull, domestic duties, aged 87 (sic) of senile decay last seen by Goade 25 Aug 1907. Father Graham (occupation, forenames and mother's name "not known") buried 4th Oct 1907 Huirangi Cem. Minister Robt Wells, lay reader Ch. of Eng. Born Longtown, Cumberland, England, length of residence in New Zealand not known. Married Cumberland at age 33 to James Turnbull. Three children surviving: M 55, 50 F; 53 (Robert, Stephen and Ellen). Inf. George Hall undertaker, Lepperton. Registered 11 Oct 1907. Her Dth notice 4th Oct 1907 read: "TURNBULL, On October 1st, 1907 at Waitara, Jane, relict of the late Jas. Turnbull of Huirangi; aged 88 years"
- ↑ burial records say 'beside husband' This cemetery is in a lovely spot with an outlook over the Waitara River above the horseshoe bend, and, on a clear day, a wonderful view of Mt Egmont (or Mt Taranaki as it is now known). The cemetery gates were donated by Jane's grandchildren Andrew and Sarah Turnbull. Most of my Taranaki forbears are buried in this cemetery.
- ↑ Jane Graham 20 F S b cty, hsehold of John (farmer 30) & Mary Saunders
- ↑ Jane Graham, 29, cook, b Longtown, servant to widower George Tinniswood, physician not practising. The next census entries being for the families living at Haithwaite Gate where Jane's future husband resided
- ↑ They are presumed to have travelled as a family group, parents James & Jane, and their 3 children, it being also assumed that the other known child, James, having died in England. Ellen's dth cert implies the immigration date could be as late as 1864