b.Est. abt. 1725
Facts and Events
James Telford was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records of James Telford in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 420.--21st August, 1754. Same (From Borden's executors) to Robert Wire (Weir), 240 acres, part of 92,100, both sides of Halfway Creek; corner to Patrick Hays. Delivered to James Telford, October, 1763.
- Page 385.--17th September, 1763. William Hays and Frances to Hugh Hayes, £98, 255 acres on line of Beverley Manor and Borden's tract; corner Patrick Hayes; corner Dunlap. Delivered: Francis Smith, 1st October, 1767. Teste: John McMahon, Thomas Hill, James ( ) Telford.
- Page 843.--20th March, 1765. Thomas Fulton, of Staunton, tavernkeeper, appoints John Jeremiah, merchant in Frederick Town, Maryland, his attorney to recover from George Larderson, of Lancaster Town in Pennsylvania, £18. Delivered: James Telford, June, 1765.
- Page 496.--17th March, 1767. Vendue recorded of Francis McCown's estate to, viz: Wm. Naper, David Dredan (vid Dryden), James Bets, Richd. Bush, Pat. McCampbell, Wm. Taylor, David Gum, Wm. Napen (Naper?), David Quin, William Wooley, Wm. Culbert. Settlement of above estate-- Paid Jno. McNabb, Francis Randalls, Robt. McKeney, Saml. Gest, James Telford.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 18, 1768. - (335) Saml. Weer (prob. Weir), Saml. Steel and Robert Steel (miller) -- to view a road from Steel's Mill to James Telford's.