Facts and Events
||possibly in Lorain County, Ohio
Civil War Service
- Application 656038; Certificate 761225
- Widow's Pension: Application 688079, Certificate 486039
Grand Army of the Republic
Smith was a member of GAR Lorain Post 448 in Lorain, Ohio. His death was reported in the proceedings of the Department of Ohio GAR's annual encampment in June 1899, placing his death in 1898 or early 1899.
- ↑ Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).
- ↑ Proceedings of the Thirty-Third Annual Encampment of the Department of Ohio, Grand Army of the Repub. (Columbus, Ohio: Nitschke Bros., 1899), 155.