Facts and Events
James Skidmore was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Virginia
Early Land Survey:
- James Skidmore, 70 acres, Skidmores Mill run. January 26, 1786. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 116].
- Skidmore, James. Will probate December 1807
- Names wife, ____, and children: Ann, Joseph, John, Randolph, James and Sarah.
- [Source: Early Marriages, Wills and some Revolutionary War Records, Botetourt County, Virginia, Compiled by Anne Lowry Worrell, pg. 63].
Records in Virginia
- Marriage Record: Montgomery, Robert, and Sarah Skidmore (Over 21), dau. [of] James Skidmore of Rockbridge - Nov. 22, 1796. [Source: Early Marriages, Wills and some Revolutionary War Records, Botetourt County, Virginia, Compiled by Anne Lowry Worrell, pg. 34].