Facts and Events
James Ramsey was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
- Will of JAMES RAMSEY
- I James Ramsey of the county of Hopkins and state of Kentucky do make my last will and testament in manner and form following:
- 1st I give and bequeath to my four daughters Jane Patterson Peggy Bland Eliza Clay Parthula Crowley and my son John Ramsey all the balance of the tract of land whereon I live which I have not heretofore disposed of to be sold twelve months after my death on a credit of twelve months at public sale the purchaser to be required to give bond with approved security for the payment of the purchase money and as soon as the money can be collected to be equally divided between my said four daughters and son above mentioned.
- I also give to my daughter Parthula Crowley one n....
- I give and bequeath to my son Alexander Ramsey my two tables one a cherry table and the other a black walnut table also my cupboard and loom. I give and bequeath to my son James K. Ramsey my saddle and bridle and that together with what I have heretofore given him is all that I intend to give him and lastly I do hereby constitute and appoint my son James K. Ramsey executor of this my last will and Testament hereby resolving all other or former wills or testaments by me heretofore made.
- In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my seal this eleventh day of May 1849.
CHRONICLES OF THE Scotch-Irish Settlement IN VIRGINIA EXTRACTED FROM THE
ORIGINAL COURT RECORDS OF AUGUSTA COUNTY 1745-1800
MARRIAGE LICENSES, MARRIAGE BONDS, AND MARRIAGES.
1794--October 17, James Ramsey and James Kerr, surety. James Ramsey and
Margaret Kerr, daughter of James Kerr.
KARR, RAMSEY posted by Marge Davis ( tmdavis@@geocities.com ) on Friday, March 21, 1997
I'm searching for RAMSEY/KARR families that were in Augusta Co, VA in
the 1700's. Looking for the parentage of James RAMSEY b Jun 10, 1773 m.
Margaret KARR on Oct 23, 1794. Their children's names were: Jane,
Alexander, Margaret, Nathaniel Karr, James Karr, Eliza, Patsy, Green,
John Craig & Parthula RAMSEY. I have a listing of my RAMSEY descendants
I'm looking for verification that my 4th g-grandfather was John RAMSEY,
Jr, born May 31, 1747 in Virginia, died May 1790. Thru family bible info
that was given to us by my cousin Clara Browder back in 1956, it lists
my 3rd g-grandfather as James RAMSEY (b Jun 10, 1773-d Sep 23, 1849).
James married Oct 23, 1794 to Margaret KARR (b Aug 6, 1775-d Mar 23,
1818). Another cousin that we've met thru our research, has in his data
that John RAMSEY, Jr (whose family was in Augusta Co, VA in the
1700's)as James' father. Hopefully with help from other Ramsey
researchers I can find out for sure. The sources for the data that we
have found so far are: Ramsey Family Bible Records, Wills, Marriage &
Census Records, Robert H. Stone's book, "The Ramseys and Related
If you see a connection with my Ramsey's, I'd like to exchange data with
you. E-mail me at tmdavis@@geocities.com Marge Ramsey Davis
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Brøderbund Software, Inc. World Family Tree Vol. 11, Ed. 1. (Release date: July 1, 1997), Tree #3344.
Date of Import: Aug 17, 1998
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Ramseywft11.FTW.
Date of Import: Aug 17, 1998