William McLuen opened the pioneer harness shop in Guthrie Center in 1858. This line of buiness has since been in the hands of Wiliam Mayhew, John L. Glasner, Andrew Hazlett, J. H. Miller and B. F. Thomas. It is now represented by F. A. Ashton, Mathe and L. L. Pennock. The first blacksmith shop was erected in 1856, by William Warrington, as already related.....Blacksmith shops were a rarity in those days, and work was brought to him from long distances and from other oounties. This trade is at present in the hand of the following worthy sons of Vulcan: William Warrington, the pioneer, McLuen & Bellows, John McLaughlin, and Samuel Eli, the latter a new comer. The blacksmith shop of McLuen & Bellows was established in 1874 by McLuen & Brother. Mrs. Bellows became a partner in 1882. These gentlemen besides their working in iron, have quite an extensive business in agricultural implements, and owing to a more extended acquaintance in the county, he being an old settler, although a young man, can command a good trade.