Facts and Events
James McFerren was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
- pg. 145 - McFerren, James (alias McFarvin) 220 acres Hugart's Creek 1824 Book 6, P. 45. [Sims Index "Land Grants West Virginia"].
- Will of James McFerren, dated April 18, 1843, Probated June 1843
- Devisees: Nancy wife
- sons: Andrew, John, James, William
- daughters: Sevina Bowen daughters (see Charles Bowen), Polly Brown, Elizabeth Hughart, Adaline Beirne, Nancy McFerren, Rebecca Ann McFerren, Sally McFerren
- Give my wife one third of all the land during her life. Gives all the land I own in this county to sons, Andrew, John, James and son-in-law Charles Bowen
- Witnesses: John S. Gregory, James B. Wilson
- [Source: Greenbrier County, Virginia Will book No. 2, page 147]
Help fund new features!