Facts and Events
Civil War Service
- 1st Sergeant, Company A and 2nd Lieut, Company B, 1st Ohio Heavy Artillery
- Mustered in 16 August 1862
- Appointed from Sergeant 1 September 1863
- Promoted to 2nd Lieutenant, Company B 13 July 1864
- Mustered out with company 25 July 1865
- Application 1013162; Certificate 751668
- Widow's Pension: Application 769305, Certificate 547372
- Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Hixon, Mary J, and Frances Welch Hixon. Cemetery inscriptions of Jackson County, Ohio. (Baltimore [Maryland]: Gateway Press, c1982), I:585.
Help fund new features!