James Kennerly, Jr.
d.19 FEB 1827
Facts and Events
James Kennerly, Jr. was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records of James Kennerly, Jr. in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 230.--20th March, 1770. Joseph Poindexter and Elizabeth to Thomas Rodgers, £50, 143 acres on north side Shanandore; John Patrick's line; Thomas Turk's line. Teste: John Rodgers, James Kennerly, Jr., Samuel Woods.
- Page 433.--20th August, 1770. John Lewis, of Albemarle, to William Glaves, £40, on South River of Shanando, Joseph Hannah's land, Robert Frazer's survey, 164 acres patented to said Lewis, 21st September, 1762. Teste: Thomas Rodgers, James Kennerley, Jr., Thos. Turk. Delivered: Wm. Glaves, March, 1771.
- Vol. 2 - SEPTEMBER, 1794 (K to Z) - Robert Porterfield vs. William and James Kennerley--Debt. Writ, 27th July, 1793.
- Vol. 2 - APRIL, 1795 (K to Z). - Robert Porterfield vs. William Kennerley, James Kennerley and James Kennerley, Jr.--Motion for debt, January 22, 1795.
- Vol. 1 - JANUARY 15, 1799. - (457) James Kennerley is appointed guardian for John Goshen.
- Vol. 2 - 15th January, 1799--James Kennerley, guardian of John Goshen.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County, VA - 1801--February 25, John Ewell and Philip Kennerly, surety. John Ewell, of Albemarle, and Mary Kennerly, daughter of James Kennerly (consent). Teste: Philip and Kitty Kennerly.
- Page 390.--__ _____, 1808. Joseph Parks' will--To son, James; grandsons, Joseph, Thomas, and John Parks; children of son, Thomas, deceased, infants; to son, Joseph; son, William; son, David; daughter, Ann Wilson; daughter, Rebecca Finley. Executors, (son) Joseph Parks and Joseph Cowan. Teste: Richard, Reuben, Fanny Holt, Jas. Kennerley, Jr.; Andrew Barry. Proved, 24th September, 1810. Cowan refuses. Parks qualifies.