Facts and Events
- Source:Houston, 1882
- Source:White, 1902
- Transcript:Will of John Houston, Augusta, April 1748/9
- Register. Houstons in Old Augusta
- Person:John Houston (15)
- Person:James Houston (17) Identified by some as the son of John (15); those that make this identification hold that he did not die in Ireland but came to America, living on Beveley's Manor, before moving to Greene County TN, where he died about 1820.
- Analysis. The Children of John Houston (15)
From Source:White, 1902 quoting papers of Rev. Samuel Rutherford Houston:
"John Houston, my grandfather, came from Ireland with his family when my father was about nine years old, about 1735, bringing with him his mother and wife, who was a Miss Cunningham, and all of his children, excepting the oldest son, James, who died soon after the family left him. 
- ↑ Rev. Samuel Rutherford Houston Source:Houston, 1882 identifies him as the eldest son of John Houston (15). Next eldest child is said to have been born in 1718, implying that he was probably born about 1716, and parents married about 1715.
- ↑ Source:Houston, 1882:18 gives this a bit differently: A seventh [child], James Houston, was left in Ireland having qualified himself in the gospel ministry.