- James DuncanEst 1705-1720 - Bef 1762
- Andrew DuncanEst 1710-1725 - Bef 1762
Facts and Events
James Duncan was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records of James Duncan in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley's Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - MAY 18, 1762. - (215) John Duncan to be bound to John Moore to learn trade of a joiner, and Moore qualifies guardian of Duncan, who is orphan of James Duncan.
- Vol. 1 - MAY 18, 1762. - (215) David Sayers qualifies guardian of Joseph, orphan of James Duncan. Janet Duncan, same as to James Duncan.
- Page 135.--11th April, 1762. Andrew Duncan's will--To wife, Jennet, negro slaves; to 5 daughters, Elizth., Mary, Jennet, Jean, Florence; to brother's son, James Duncan; to son, Andrew, infant, testator's home plantation. Executors, John Moore, Joseph Culton. Teste: John McNutt, Hugh Wardlaw, David Sayers. 18th May, 1762, proved, by Davis Sayers, John McNutt. Executors refuse to execute. Administration granted Jennet Duncan, the widow, who qualifies (her mark), with Andw. Russell, John Moore.
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 19, 1766. - (344) Wm, McCutcheon appointed guardian of John Duncan, orphan of James Duncan.
- Page 480.--19th November, 1766. William McCutchen's bond (with Andw. Hays) as guardian (appointed) to Jno. Duncan. orphan of James Duncan.