Facts and Events
Family of James Caruthers
Note: there are few records available to reconstruct the family of James Caruthers. The children listed is are possible (but not proven) children of James. Some children may belong to one or more of the brothers of this James. More research is necessary on this family.
Note: this James Caruthers supposedly died in Ireland according to some undocumented sources.
Information on James Caruthers
From Genforum.com post: (appears to be speculative, not proven)
Re: Andrew Carothers/Margaret Neely
Posted by: Glen Carruthers Date: March 11, 2000 at 13:36:43
In Reply to: Re: Andrew Carothers/Margaret Neely by Charley Wilson of 936
Descendants of James Carruthers
- 1 - James Carruthers, b: 1718, d: in Ireland.
- 2 John (Jockey John) Carruthers, b: Bef. February 1782
- +Eleanor Shelby, b: Abt. 1755 in Frederick County, Maryland. m: Unknown
- 2 James Carothers, b: 1739 in Tyrone County, Ireland. d: November 26, 1825 in Cumberland County, Pennsylvania.
- +Abigail Henderson b: Abt. 1739 m: in Maryland.
- 2nd Wife of James Carothers:
- +Nancy Agnes Neely b: 1752 m: 1767 in Adams Co, Pennsylvania. d: 1776
- 2 Andrew Carothers, b: March 10, 1738/39 in Tyrone County, Ireland, d: July 25, 1826 in Cabarrus County, North Carolina.
- +Margaret Neely, b: July 8, 1743 in Cumberland County, North Carolina, m: 1765 in Cumberland County, Pennsylvania, d: January 12, 1797 in Cabarrus County, North Carolina.
- 2nd Wife of Andrew Carothers:
- +Agnes Lingo, m: December 31, 1798 in Cabarrus County, North Carolina.
- 2 Sarah Carruthers, b: Abt. 1746