Facts and Events
James Callison was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
- In Tennessee
- 1796 - James Callison bought land north of the Holsten River from Christian Rhodes. -- 300 acres
- In 1811, Elizabeth Callison, widow of James Callison of Grainger Co, TN appears to sell all of her right of dower to James Callison of Bath Co., VA. "all the lands in the commonwealth of Virginia to which James Callison, deceased, her late husband had any claim or title ---- estimated to be 290 acres north of Holsten River."
- 1819 - Elizabeth Callison sold 170 acres on the North side of the Holsten River to Samuel Fox.
- 1819 - Elizabeth Callison sold 100 acres on the north side of the Holsten to John Clark.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - (undated, abt. 1794-1798) Anthony Callison of Bath County vs. James Callison, his father, of Tennessee--O. S. 55; N. S. 19. Anthony had a brother Isaac.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 International Genealogical Index. (LDS Church, 1999-2005).