James William Johnson Bratton
Facts and Events
||James William Johnson Bratton
||J William Bratton
||James W. Bratton
||25 Apr 1857
||Bracken, Kentucky, United States
||25 APR 1857
||Bratton's Mill, Robt., Kentucky
||28 NOV 1889
||Bracken, Kentucky, United Statesto Sara Jane Fraysure
||Pinhook, Robertson, Kentucky, United Stateswith Sara Jane Fraysure
||Bratton, Robertson, Kentucky, United Stateswith Sara Jane Fraysure
||3 Dec 1934
||Robertson, Kentucky, United Statesat 9am
||6 Dec 1934
||Merchant, ran General Store on Own Account
|Cause of Death
William was a merchant in general merchandise. At age 22, according to the 1880 census, William was employed as a blacksmith.
Birth and death dates are confirmed through pictures of gravestone marker provided by Octa Corliss Bratton Watson.
1857 Bracken County Birth Record
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Pinhook, Robertson, Kentucky, in United States. 1900 U.S. Census Population Schedule. (National Archives Microfilm Publication T624), 22-23 Jun 1900, Primary quality.
Pinhook, Kentucky 1900 census - Bratton family
- ↑ Bratton, Robertson, Kentucky, in United States. 1910 U.S. Census Population Schedule. (National Archives Microfilm Publication T623), 21 Apr 1910, Primary quality.
Bratton, Kentucky 1910 census - Bratton family
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 William Johnson Bratton, in Ancestry.com (comp.). Kentucky Death Records, 1852-1953: [database on-line]. (Provo, Utah: Ancestry.com Operations Inc., 2007), Primary quality.
Name: William Johnson Bratton
Death Date: 3 Dec 1934
Death Location: Robertson
Residence Location: Robertson
Birth Date: 20 Apr 1857
Birth Location: Kentucky
Spouse's Name: Jannie Bratton
Father's Name: Aaron Bratton
Father's Birth Location: Kentucky
Mother's Name: Anne Kolbler
Mother's Birth Location: Kentucky
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Octa Corliss Bratton Watson.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Bobby L. Bratton.
- ↑ Pinhook, Robertson, Kentucky, in United States. 1880 U.S. Census Population Schedule, 1254440/ Page number 316B, Primary quality.
- ↑ Where's an example of "William Bratton" being used?
- ↑ Octa Corliss Bratton and Bobby L. Bratton were previously cited in support of a 25 Apr 1857 Bratton's Mill, Robertson, Kentucky birth. However, the original birth record makes it clear that he was born in Bracken County, not Robertson, so their recollections seem to have been wrong on this point.