Facts and Events
Link to photo of James's tombstone on FindAGrave.com
Civil War Service
- Private, Company C, 1st Ohio Heavy Artillery
- Mustered in 28 July 1863
- On detached duty 26 April 1864 as Clerk at headquarters 4th Division, 23d Army Corps. ("Confidential Clerk to Generals Burnside, Wright and Schofield" S5 )
- Muster out information not listed
- Application 875529; Certificate 626026
- Widow's Pension: Application 1548574, Certificate A10-2-26
- Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Ohio, United States. Death Certificate. (Ohio, United States), cert. 36157 (1926).
- ↑ Find A Grave.
- Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War : Grave Registration.