- H. James AllisonEst 1700-1715 -
- W. Martha (add)
m. est. 1720-1733
Facts and Events
||to Martha (add)
James Allison was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records of James Allison in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
From Chalkley's Augusta County, CA Court Orders:
- AUGUST 21, 1746. - (76) James Allison, assignee of Hugh Boil vs. David and Alexander Gibson} Pl. not an inhabitant of this country.
- FEBRUARY 18, 1746/7. - (152) James Allison, to build a water mill.
- AUGUST, 1754. (C). - George Lewis vs. Carmichael (John).--James Allison went to Carolina.
- MARCH, 1756 (B). - John Buchanon vs. John and James Allison.--We, John Allison and James Allison, late from the Province of Pennsylvania. Return "not found."
Recorded in Botetourt County, Virginia:
- 1770 - Allison, James (& Elizabeth) - to Samuel McCorkle - 165 acres for 95p, 1770 - North River at Spreading Springs.
May not be this James Allison:
- Page 289.--13th March, 1770. Alexander Bruce's estate settled, by John Montgomery, administrator--Paid Joseph Montgomery, Walter Stewart, Anthony Bledsoe, John and Andrew Crockett, Wm. Sawyers, Thos. Ramsey, Andrew Lyday. Received from James Allison for improvements and right of entry of land sold Allison. Due the estate from Benj. Rutherford, John Rutherford and Wm. Herbert.