Facts and Events
There are 2 vital records available on MyHeritage for Jacob Mann, including birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Vital records are historical records that are typically recorded around the actual time of the event, which means they are likely accurate.
Vital records include information like the event date and place, and the person's occupation and residence.
Vital records also often include information about the person's relatives.
For example, birth and marriage records include names of parents and divorce records list the names of children.
See all vital records for Jacob Mann
Jacob Mann was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 2 - Jacob Man, 95 acres between Shenandoah River and Peaked Mountain. Adjoining John Hetrick (Hedrick). April 27, 1762. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 1].
- Page 472.--21st May, 1766. Same (From Barnet Mann and Margaret) to Jacob Man, £20, 100 acres, part of above patented tract on Stoney Run.
Processioning List of 1767/8
- "Processioning" was the periodic review and agreement of property lines between settler's lands. Processioning Lists are useful in determining the general area of a settler’s lands and their neighbors at specific time periods:
- Page 448.--1767-68: Processioned by Augustine Price and Frederick Armontrout, viz: For Peter Teasler, for Peter Seller, for Michael Shurle, for John Coutts, for Jacob Man, for John Man, for Jacob Herman, for Henry Long for George Mellow, for Anthony Aeiler, for Jacob Nicholas, for John Hetrick, for Henry Seller, for Alveness Roy(g)ers, for Christopher Deter for George Man, for Peter Miller, for George Miller, for George Fridle, for Peter Herman, Jr.; for Augustine Price, Anthony Aeiler present; for Jacob Arcebright, for Adam Heterick, for Adam Pens, for Jacob Miller, for James Fraiser, for Thomas Burke, for Peachey Gilmore for Charles Rush, for Fredk. Armentrout, for David Fraizer, for Jno. Craige.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - Petition, 18th May, 1749, of inhabitants of North River and Picot (peaked) Mountain for a road beginning at John Man's smithshop on the south side of the Peaked Mountain, thence eastward to John M(W)igard's joining to the mountain road and from the smithshop westward to the Stone Meeting House, joining to the Court House Road, and that Jacob Rodger, Robert Scot and James Berd be appointed to lay it out. Jacob Herman, Feldy Pence, Mathew Shope, Jacob Maler, John Bomgardner, John Lynn, Jacob Rodgers, James Berd, Jacob Perer, Mathew Sharp, ____ Man, Jacob Man, William Milburn, Jared Chambers, Robert Scot, Robert Hooks, George Scot, William Craig, John Craig, Mathew Thomson, Mathew Thomson, Jr.